The House of Night Series currently consists of nine books
that were written by a mother and daughter, P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast. In
addition to the series, they have also written The Fledgling Handbook 101 and two novellas; Dragon’s Oath, and Lenobia’s
Vow. The website for this series is below
and contains information and fun interactive content.
The story begins with the main character, Zoey Redbird,
getting “Marked”. In this world, people are not bitten to become vampires,
instead, sometime during adolescents a vampire comforts them and magically
marks them with a crescent moon on their forehead connoting that the goddess of
night chose them. However, they do not change instantly but instead the genetic
change takes quite some time. It is mandatory that they move into the House of
Night School in order to start their training and prepare for the change.
Unfortunately, not all fledglings make it out of the change alive. Some of the fledglings’
bodies reject the change and they bleed out and die. This indeed happens to
several of the most unexpected characters throughout the series. Another reason that the newly marked
fledglings must move to the school is because being around adult vampires is
necessary in order for them to remain healthy and alive. 
After Zoey was Marked, her strict Christian mother and
step-father rejected her, leaving only Grandma Redbird to support and comfort her.
While Zoey is getting accustomed to her new life she learns that she has been
given a rare “gift” by her goddess, Nyx, the ability to control all five
elements; earth, air, fire, water, and spirit. However, life at the school quickly
turns Zoey’s life upside down and she encounters love, lust, deceit, betrayals,
friendships, death, and even magic that has long been forgotten!
I really hope you check this series out. I have gotten many
of my friends attached to this series because of the suspense and twists that
make you emphasize with the characters. I have even been so hooked into the
books that I will stay up all night reading because I refuse to put it down. And
the best part, the authors are not even finished so there is still more to
come!
*The content from this page was from http://www.houseofnightseries.com/.


I Love House of Night!! =) <3
ReplyDelete